Schools usually open back up after Labor Day, but in Florida, most of the kids returned to school on August 10th, however that date varies depending on what county they live in. In my county the school’s all opened amid diseases and outbreaks that are circulating in the state, nation and the world. The highly transmissible omicron subvariant called BA.5 is not the only thing that they have to worry about, as Monkey Pox and Polio are also around this year. Florida came in third behind California and New York with 1,085 cases of Monkey Pox reported. Polio has not been found here in Florida yet, but when people don’t get their required vaccines, who knows what is going to happen. Besides getting your kids backpacks, lunch boxes, and notebooks, make sure that they get their required vaccines.
Last week we had A Giraffe’s Ass where the theme was to find songs about Pets, Names, or Memories suggested by Di of pensitivity101. This week the theme is to find songs about Educate, Learn, School, Teach. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or you can pull it into your post, so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
This week I will be writing about the Foo Fighters song ‘Learn To Fly’, and next week, I will be writing about the song ‘Why Does Love Got to Be So Sad?’ by Eric Clapton. The upcoming prompts will be:
August 21, 2022 – Underrated Deep Album Cuts suggested by Greg’s Blog
August 28, 2022 – Better with Age: Failed or Overlooked Songs that Eventually Became Fan Favorites suggested by Greg’s Blog
September 4, 2022 – Sounds, Talk, Voice, Words suggested by Di of pensitivity101
September 11, 2022 – Novelty songs suggested by Di of pensitivity101