I broke up with my last girlfriend with a text message, because I didn’t want to see her, or talk with her anymore, so if you do it right, breaking up is not all that hard to do. If you are in a relationship that is no longer working for either of you, and breaking up is inevitable, then let them know your feelings and why you are ending it and it would be best if you tried to avoid the cliché phrase, “It’s not you, it’s me”, as that will not ease their pain. Breaking up can help to give you and your significant other the personal space that you both need to grow outside the confines of your current relationship. That growth might make you realize you’re meant to be together and become the cure that saves your relationship, or it will be the signal that something is wrong, which can’t be fixed. In that case, it is time to move on, as there is most likely another person out there that is better suited for you.
Last week we had Entomology, with the theme Bugs, Insects suggested by Amy Braun, ☆ai love music☆ aisasami. Our theme this week is breakup songs suggested by Janis of themomshiediaries. I am certain that everyone will all be able to find songs ending a relationship or dumping a lover. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘It’s Too Late’ by Carole King. Next week, I will be writing about the Talking Heads song ‘Once in a Lifetime’. The upcoming prompts will be:
July 25, 2021 – Automobile, Car, Jalopy, Vehicle suggested by Melanie B Cee of sparksfromacombustiblemind
August 1, 2021 – Alluring, Beautiful, Charming, Graceful, Seductive
August 8, 2021 – Fate, Fortune, Luck
August 15, 2021 – Danger, Fear, Horror, Nightmare, Terror