Basic geometry, also called Euclidean geometry teaches us lengths, areas, circumference and perimeters for two dimensional objects. Once you learn geometry, you won’t be putting a square peg into a round hole anymore and developing spatial perception can keep you from getting lost, but it may not help you chew gum and walk at the same time. Geometry is an adorable subject because it is filled with acute angles. The triangle talked down to the circle thinking that he was pointless. He built a trapezoid to catch the polygon. Most trees calculate square roots by using logarithms. By the way, the shape that I am in is mostly round.
Last week we had Grapes of Wrath with Apple/Banana/Cherry/Olive/Orange/Strawberry fruit prompts. This week we have shapes of Circle/Polygon/Square/Triangle. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it contains the prompt words or not. If it does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
Notice: Jupiter and Saturn are already visible shortly after sunset, but the Great Conjunction takes place tonight. If it is not cloudy, then a half hour after sunset, find a good place where you can have an unobstructed view of the southwest horizon as the planets will appear low in the sky and you should really make sure that you catch this celestial event. It was too cloudy for me to check it out tonight, so I am hoping that it clears up for tomorrow.
Alert: If you are looking for Christmas music, then please stop by my MM Music challenge on Christmas Day.
I am writing about the Grateful Dead song ‘Equinox’ today. Next week I will be writing about the song ‘Queen Jane Approximately’ by Bob Dylan. The upcoming prompts will be:
December 27, 2020 – Odor/Scent/Smell/Taste
January 3, 2021 – PG (title of song must start with the letter P or G)
January 10, 2021 – MA (title of song must start with the letter M or A)
January 17, 2021 – DJ (title of song must start with the letter D or J)