Oddly Stream of Consciousness Saturday and Song Lyric Sunday both incorporated the word head as themes this week, which I don’t think has ever happened before. Mr. Potato Head did have a hat, and hair as accessories, but since he really didn’t have much of a neck, I don’t think that I have ever seen him wearing a scarf. This brings us to the cha, cha, Chia novelty pet, which was way better than the pet rock. I remember there being a Richard Simmons Chia pet, there was one for Willie Nelson and David Hasselhoff, Mr. Miyagi, “Weird Al” Yankovic, the Golden Girls, Garfield, Tweety Bird and there was also one for baby Yoda. The terracotta figurines would sprout chia, and this was fun and educational for children, teaching them about the effects of sunlight, and how to feed and care for these plants. Both Mr. Potato Head and the Chia pet seem like dumb toys to me, however there is no accounting for taste, as some people still like our former president.
Last week we had Are My Dogs Barking where the theme was songs that mention Socks, Shoes, Boots, Feet suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II. This week the theme is songs that mention Head, Hat, Hair, Scarf suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Think of these as being suggestions instead of being rules:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or you can pull it into your post, so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
This week I will be writing about the Grateful Dead song ‘Crazy Fingers’, and next week, I will be writing about the song ‘Beautiful, Dirty, Rich’ by Lady Gaga. The upcoming prompts will be:
May 22, 2022 – Money, Gold, Silver, Rich suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II
May 29, 2022 – Appearance, Image, Likeness, Object, Picture, Photograph
June 5, 2022 – Disgust, Embarrassment, Guilt, Regret, Remorse, Shame suggested by Melanie B Cee of Sparks From A Combustible Mind
June 12, 2022 – Excitement, Pleasure, Sentiment, Spirit suggested by Melanie B Cee of Sparks From A Combustible Mind