University refers to a larger institution than your typical college and it would offer both undergraduate and graduate programs, where as a college could be a community college, a technical school, or some establishment that grants a liberal arts degree. Higher education usually leads toward an academic degree, and it is probably the final stage of formal learning. Older people often say that when they went to school, that they walked uphill both ways, which is an attempt to underscore challenges that the younger generation does not have to endure. In the movie Back to School Rodney Dangerfield had a crush on his teacher, so he asked her out. Her schedule was very busy, so he told her to call him sometime when you have no class.
Last week we had Rumble In the Jungle where the theme was songs that feature Lion, Tiger, Bear, Eagle, Shark suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II. This week the theme is songs that are about School, College, Education, Class, Degree also suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Adult Education’ by Daryl Hall and John Oates today. Next week, I will be writing about the James Taylor song ‘Shower The People’. The upcoming prompts will be:
December 5, 2021 – House, Room, Kitchen, Shower, Attic suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II
December 12, 2021 – songs with Nonsense lyrics suggested by Amy Braun, ai love music aisasami
December 19, 2021 – lyrics associated with electronic communication devices (pagers, iPhone, Android, fax machine, computer, TV) suggested by Amy Braun, ai love music aisasami
December 26, 2021 – Anger, Frustration, Furious, Irritated, Mad, Provoked, Revenge suggested by Amy Braun, ☆ai love music☆ aisasami