After we had kids, it became harder to get time for us to have sex, so we developed a code word, which we would use to notify each other that we desired to have sex. If I wanted sex, I would tell my wife that I wanted to do the laundry and she would always let me know when she was ready to do the laundry. I came up to her one afternoon and told her that I was ready to do the laundry and she said that little Billy had just fallen down and he has a bloody nose, so this was not a good time. An hour later I mentioned doing the laundry and my wife said that little Sally had just spilled her drink on her dress and she had to get her changed so she could go to a party. Later on, my wife approached me and said that she was ready to do the laundry now and I told her that it was only a small load, so I did it by hand.
Last week we had Every Dog Has Their Day, with it being Fandango Sunday and our theme was Other, That, or This. This week a rather different prompt where you are supposed to find songs where somebody is having sex, or talking about it, insinuating sex, or hinting about sex. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Lover Man (Oh Where Can You Be?)’ by Billie Holiday today. Next week, I will be writing about the Jerry Garcia Band song ‘Shining Star’. The upcoming prompts will be:
October 10, 2021 – Heavenly Bodies, Planets, Moon, Sun, Stars suggested by King Ben’s Grandma
October 17, 2021 – Communication, Information, News, Telephone suggested by Di of pensitivity101
October 24, 2021 – Atoll, Island, Key, Lagoon, Peninsula, Reef, Tropical suggested by Tales from the mind of Kristian
October 31, 2021 – Songs that feature wind instruments which includes Brass instruments (horns, trumpets, trombones, euphoniums, and tubas) and Woodwind instruments (recorders, flutes, oboes, clarinets, saxophones, and bassoons) suggested by Maggie From Cave Walls