My Labor Day celebration will consist of responding to the Blogging Insights prompt by Dr. Tanya, Sadje’s at Keep It Alive What Do You See prompt, Paula’s Monday Peeve if I can find something to rant about, Melanie’s sparksfromacombustiblemind’s Share Your World writing exercise and my good buddy Fandango’s Flash Fiction Challenge. After that I will grill some bratwurst, which I will eat with beans and potato salad. It is not what I would call a festival, because I am not decorating, but it will be a feast for me. There won’t be any music with my dinner so it can not be called a gala or a jamboree either. I will just be eating dinner with my cousin and her boyfriend, so I would not call it a party either. After dinner I will go back to my Netflix series that I started watching Manifest and I wouldn’t call that a carnival, but it is very interesting. I hope that everyone else that celebrates this holiday has a great weekend, and if you don’t celebrate it, then have a great weekend anyway.
Last week we had Was Shakespeare A Fraud, with the theme of Fraud, Hypocrite, Phony, Pretender, or Snob and this was suggested by Angie Trafford. Our theme this week is a bit more lively with songs that mention the words Carnival, Festival, Gala, Jamboree, Party suggested by Lady A. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Get the Party Started’ by P!nk today. Next week, I will be writing about the Junior Parker song ‘Next Time You See Me’. The upcoming prompts will be:
September 12, 2021 – Devoted, Faithful, Honorable, Loyal, True suggested by Lady A
September 19, 2021 – Delightful, Pleasant, Sweet suggested by Paula
September 26, 2021 – Other, That, This – Fandango Sunday
October 3, 2021 – Songs where somebody is having sex or talking about it