Many people believe that Shakespeare wrote all of his plays, but others suggest that the greatest playwright in history was nothing more than a big phoney. Conspiracy theorists suggest that Shakespeare was not original, but instead an impostor and a pretender that perpetuated a hoax. It is a testament to his genius that his works remain so popular and it is clear that he was not a snob, as he wrote his plays for all layers of society, and he portrayed all echelons of culture in his plays. Hamlet said, “I will speak daggers to her, but use none. In this my tongue and soul be hypocrites.”
Last week we had Athletic, with the theme was to find songs that mention, reference, or talk about sports. Our theme this week is songs that mention the words Fraud, Hypocrite, Phony, Pretender, or Snob and this was suggested by Angie Trafford. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘I Want to Grow Up to Be a Politician’ by the Byrds today. Next week, I will be writing about the P!nk song ‘Get the Party Started’. The upcoming prompts will be:
September 5, 2021 – Carnival, Festival, Gala, Jamboree, Party suggested by Lady A
September 12, 2021 – Devoted, Faithful, Honorable, Loyal, True suggested by Lady A
September 19, 2021 – Delightful, Pleasant, Sweet suggested by Paula
September 26, 2021 – Other, That, This