Games and sports are very similar, but they have subtle differences. A sport is a physical activity, or a contest carried out under an agreed set of rules, with a recreational purpose and it is usually played for competition or self-enjoyment, or a combination of these. A game is a physical, mental, or it could be a recreational activity involving one or more players, that has rules defined by a goal that the players try to reach, and people do this for pleasure, and this would include board games such as chess and Monopoly, or card games, or electronic games (like FreeCell), or other video games. I tend to think about physical activities where a person can compete against another like in archery, badminton, baseball, basketball, bowling, boxing, cricket, curling, cycling, darts, diving, football, field hockey, golf, kayaking, pool, race car driving, rock climbing, running, skateboarding, soccer, surfing (not the internet), swimming, tennis, volleyball, weight lifting, or wrestling (maybe this is a stretch) as being sports, but some things can fit into both categories like playing in a Texas Holdem card tournament and going fishing. I have heard some people say that if you can smoke and drink while you are doing it, then it is not a real sport, which would leave bowling, darts, golf, and pool out of this, but I consider them to be sports, just like fishing is.
Last week we had Disturbing, with the theme words being Danger, Fear, Horror, Nightmare, Terror. Our theme this week is songs that mention, reference, or talk about sports. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Anyone for Tennis’ by the Cream today. Next week, I will be writing about the Byrds song ‘I Want to Grow Up to Be a Politician’. The upcoming prompts will be:
August 29, 2021 – Fraud, Hypocrite, Phony, Pretender, Snob suggested by Angie Trafford
September 5, 2021 – Carnival, Festival, Gala, Jamboree, Party suggested by Lady A
September 12, 2021 – Devoted, Faithful, Honorable, Loyal, True suggested by Lady A
September 19, 2021 – Delightful, Pleasant, Sweet suggested by Paula