Back on August 30, 2020 when we had the prompt of Cruel/Evil/Horrible/Monster/Wicked, somebody mentioned that this might be a good prompt for Halloween and I told them that I would come up with something else for that. Halloween is a holiday which is celebrated each year on October 31 and it gives everyone the chance to be creative by decorating or getting dressed in a costume. This holiday was once exclusively for kids so they could have fun and get candy, but no so much anymore, as many adults still want to be kids. Did the millennials’ refuse to grow up and enter the real world by embracing this holiday when they got older? Wearing costumes can create a sense of wonder and possibility that may allow you to explore a different identity.
Last week we had Magic 8 Ball which required everyone to use one of the prompt words being either No/Yes. This week we have the Halloween related prompts of Ghost/Pumpkin/Trick/Treat/Witch. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it contains the prompt words or not. If it does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
This week I am writing about the song ‘I Just Wanna Make Love To You’ by Willie Dixon. Next week I will be writing about the Norman Span, who recorded under the name King Radio song ‘Man Smart, Woman Smarter’. The upcoming prompts will be:
November 1, 2020 – Smart/Stupid
November 8, 2020 – Days of the Week
November 15, 2020 – Begin/End/Finish/Start
November 22, 2020 – Fiancé/Husband/Lover/Wife