Water can exist as a solid (ice), liquid (water) or steam in its (vapor or gas) phase. Adding heat can cause ice (a solid) to melt to form water (a liquid). Removing heat causes water (a liquid) to freeze to form ice (a solid). When water changes to a solid or a gas, it has changed to a different state of matter. Even though the water’s physical form changes, its molecules stay the same. When a substance goes from one state of matter solid, liquid, or gas to another state of matter, some rather interesting things occur. Heat causes molecules to begin vibrating faster and faster and a solid will change to a liquid at it melting point and then a gas at its boiling point.
Last week we had Mary Poppins and everyone was asked to find a song using the prompt of either Maria/Marie/Mary. This week we have temperature prompts of Cool/Freeze/Heat/Melt and hopefully this will fit for everyone. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Grateful Dead song ‘He’s Gone’ this week. Next week I will be writing about the song ‘Hard to Handle’ by Otis Redding. The upcoming prompts will be:
July 5, 2020 – Best/Better/Good/Great
July 12, 2020 – Air/Earth/Fire/Water
July 19, 2020 – Baking/Bread/Cake/Pie/Picnic
July 26, 2020 – Different/Same