Morbid, unhealthy, gloomy, damaged, suffering, wounds, well this is certainly different. I am thinking that we will probably be served up some painful sadistic and masochistic music this weekend, maybe involving agony, blood, sacrifice, slaughter or torture for the theme of Illness, Injury, and Scars that was suggested. There is nothing creepier than songs about dismemberment that lead to horrible deaths involving ritual killings, but heavy metal music often includes intense lyrics that are not for the weak, because they can take you to a dark dimension. Head bangers rock out to wild drumming driven by the aggressive sounds of distorted electric guitars. In order to live in the world, life demands that all men must die. This is probably going to be a real nightmare, but I hope that we all have a fun time.
Last week we had Never Made It where the theme was to feature a song by a group or an artist that surprisingly never reached #1 on the charts. This week the theme is a song about Illness, Injury, Scars suggested by Angie of King Ben’s Grandma. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or you can pull it into your post, so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
This week I will be writing about the Garbage song ‘Bleed Like Me’, and next week, I will be writing about the song ‘Man Gave Names to All the Animals’ by Bob Dylan. The upcoming prompts will be:
August 7, 2022 – Pets, Names, Memories suggested by Di of pensitivity101
August 14, 2022 – Educate, Learn, School, Teach
August 21, 2022 – Underrated Deep Album Cuts suggested by Greg’s Blog
August 28, 2022 – Better with Age: Failed or Overlooked Songs that Eventually Became Fan Favorites suggested by Greg’s Blog