Life can be tough, and sometimes all we need to do is follow Dory’s advice and just keep swimming to make it through the day. Dory was telling her friend not to give up, and because she suffered from memory loss every 10 seconds or so, this became the solution for every one of her problems. Fish don’t know they’re in water, even though they are surrounded by it, they won’t know that they are in water until they jump outside of it, sort of like you are not always aware that you are constantly swimming in air. Swimming is automatic for fish, done on reflexes, but the fish is able to control the direction and speed that it swims. Many people that go to the beach like to surf, something that I have tried, but never got the hang of. Body surfing is more my style and I like to ride the waves all the way into the shoreline. The bad thing is when the rushing water tugs at my bathing suit, and I have to try pulling it up to maintain my modesty.
Last week we had War Crimes where the theme was to find songs t that that mention Army, Soldier, War suggested by Di of pensitivity101. This week the theme is songs that mention Beach, Surf, Swimming suggested by Amy Braun. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Think of these as being suggestions instead of being rules:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or you can pull it into your post, so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
This week I will be writing about the song ‘Where Is My Mind’ by the Pixies, and next week, I will be writing about the Brian Wilson song ‘Night Time’. The upcoming prompts will be:
April 24, 2022 – Anxiety, Delight, Emotions, Pain, Pride, Relief suggested by Di of pensitivity101
May 1, 2022 – Suit, Pants, Dress, Shirt suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II
May 8, 2022 – Socks, Shoes, Boots, Feet suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II
May 15, 2022 – Head, Hat, Hair, Scarf suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II