Last year I was more terrified of the Chinese leader Xi Jinping and that idiot North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, but it seems like the Russian President Vladimir Putin is much crazier than these guys, and I have no idea what this madman is capable of. There are several documented cases where the Russian military has committed war crimes including rape, deliberate executions and unlawful violence against civilians. They have murdered children, bombed hospitals and train stations and there has been widespread atrocities and intimidation by Russian forces against unarmed civilians. Ukraine has demanded that Russia be punished for the recent shelling and all crimes on their territory, but war crime charges don’t seem to deter Putin, as he has gone all in on this war. The Ukrainian army has taken some of its territory back when the Russian soldiers withdrew from the areas around Kiev, and you have to admire how brave these men are.
Last week we had Clive Davis Day where the theme was to find songs t that were made by an artist or a band that Clive Davis signed to his label, or one he produced. This week the theme is songs that mention Army, Soldier, War suggested by Di of pensitivity101. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Think of these as being suggestions instead of being rules:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or you can pull it into your post, so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
This week I will be writing about the song ‘Buffalo Soldier’ by Bob Marley & The Wailers, and next week, I will be writing about the Pixies song ‘Where Is My Mind’. The upcoming prompts will be:
April 17, 2022 – Beach, Surf, Swimming suggested by Amy Braun of ai love music
April 24, 2022 – Anxiety, Delight, Emotions, Pain, Pride, Relief suggested by Di of pensitivity101
May 1, 2022 – Suit, Pants, Dress, Shirt suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II
May 8, 2022 – Socks, Shoes, Boots, Feet suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II