Helen Vahdati the originator of Song Lyric Sunday had the prompt of rain back in March of 2017, so I thought that since enough time has gone by, we could use this again for our theme today. Scientists recognize four different kinds of raindrops, and these are grouped into being rain, snow, sleet, or hail. Some other people see rain as either being a drizzle, a torrential rainfall, a snowstorm and every other variation is just called precipitation. Rain is the wet stuff that nourishes plants, and it also makes umbrellas very useful when it starts falling on your head. People always seem to be complaining about rain, as they are either getting too much rain, or it is coming too little and too late. People are never happy when there is a drought, because not having enough rain always makes them want more, but if it comes in excess and causes a flood, that will also make them miserable.
Last week we had Musical Instruments where the theme was to find songs that mention a musical instrument. This week the theme is songs that mention rain. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Think of these as being suggestions instead of being rules:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or you can pull it into your post, so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
This week I will be writing about the song ‘It’s Raining Again’ by Supertramp, and next week, I will be writing the Warlocks song ‘Fire in the City’. The upcoming prompts will be:
March 27, 2022 – Mind, Think, Brain suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II
April 3, 2022 – Clive Davis day, write about any song made by an artist or a band that he signed to his label, or one he produced
April 10, 2022 – Army, Soldier, War suggested by Di of pensitivity101
April 17, 2022 – Beach, Surf, Swimming suggested by Amy Braun of ai love music