The Mayan civilization was obsessed with sharks even in the landlocked cities and it is thought that they may have brought sharks to the jungle. Some bear species live in the jungle, and these bears have adjusted to the warm weather, so they won’t hibernate like their cold-weather relatives. The harpy eagle is one of the biggest eagles in the world and the largest raptor found in the rainforests of Central and South America. Existing at the top of the tropical forest food chain, the harpy eagle is a carnivorous predator, but scientists know very little about them because their numbers are few and their habitat is large. They stay hidden in the branches of the canopy, so they are rarely seen, and hardly ever filmed. Lions are known as the king of the jungle, but they live in grassland, savanna, plains, dense scrub, and open woodland, however some live in the jungles of the Congo. Bengal tigers live in tropical rainforests, forests and mangroves in Southern and Southeastern Asia. The tiger’s striped coat helps them blend in well with the sunlight filtering through the treetops to the jungle floor.
Last week we had Life Expectancy at Birth where the theme was songs that feature songs that feature the lyrics either Birth, Death, or Life. This week the theme is songs that feature Lion, Tiger, Bear, Eagle, Shark suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘I’m Gonna Cry (If You Quit Me)’ by Barrett Strong today. Next week, I will be writing about the Daryl Hall John Oates song ‘Adult Education’. The upcoming prompts will be:
November 28, 2021 – School, College, Education, Class, Degree suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II
December 5, 2021 – House, Room, Kitchen, Shower, Attic suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II
December 12, 2021 – songs with Nonsense lyrics suggested by Amy Braun, ai love music aisasami
December 19, 2021 – lyrics associated with electronic communication devices (pagers, iPhone, Android, fax machine, computer, TV) suggested by Amy Braun, ai love music aisasami