Early humans expressed their thoughts and feelings using speech or by making hand signals or other gestures. People started to communicate with each other so we could to share information, make comments, ask questions, and express our wants and needs. We learned how to signal others with fire and smoke, drums, or whistles. People were fascinated with the sky, so they made up stories and told them to others. Some humans had artistic talents and they drew paintings on cave walls and long-distance communication became possible after man trained pigeons to carry messages. Technical innovation allowed man to make rapid and significant change in the way that we communicate, and get our news. Eventually the telephone was invented, followed by the radio, Television, cell phones, internet, E-mails, social media, and text messaging and all of this is now commonplace in our world.
Last week we had Celestial where the theme was Heavenly Bodies, Planets, Moon, Sun, Stars suggested by King Ben’s Grandma. This week the theme is Communication, Information, News, Telephone suggested by Di of pensitivity101. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘The Promised Land’ by Chuck Berry today. Next week, I will be writing about the Grateful Dead song ‘Lost Sailor’. The upcoming prompts will be:
October 24, 2021 – Atoll, Island, Key, Lagoon, Peninsula, Reef, Tropical suggested by Tales from the mind of Kristian
October 31, 2021 – Songs that feature wind instruments which includes Brass instruments (horns, trumpets, trombones, euphoniums, and tubas) and Woodwind instruments (recorders, flutes, oboes, clarinets, saxophones, and bassoons) suggested by Maggie From Cave Walls
November 7, 2021 – Past, Present, Future
November 14, 2021 – Birth, Death, Life