I consider Fandango of This, That and the Other to be a good friend, but I don’t really know that much about him, because of that bag which he keeps over his head. For all I know, today could be his birthday, but anyway I made this theme to honor him for all the hard work that he puts into the WordPress community. You have to give him credit for blogging on an iPhone, as I know that I would never be able to do that. Everyone should be familiar with his daily FOWC, his weekly Provocative Questions and Flash Fiction photo challenges and his new Story Starter prompt. He is a very dedicated blogger who shows up here every day with something to say. The theme here today is my way of honoring Fandango for all the prompts that he hosts which allow others to participate in.
Last week we had Heavenly Satisfying, with the theme of Delightful, Pleasant, Sweet suggested by Paula Light of Light Motifs II. This week it is Fandango Sunday and our theme is Other, That, This. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Hooked On A Feeling’ by BJ Thomas today. Next week, I will be writing about the Billie Holiday song ‘Lover Man (Oh Where Can You Be?)’. The upcoming prompts will be:
October 3, 2021 – Songs where somebody is having sex or talking about it
October 10, 2021 – Heavenly Bodies, Planets, Moon, Sun, Stars suggested by King Ben’s Grandma
October 17, 2021 – Communication, Information, News, Telephone suggested by Di of pensitivity101
October 24, 2021 – Atoll, Island, Key, Lagoon, Peninsula, Reef, Tropical suggested by Tales from the mind of Kristian