Janis prayed for one, the Beach Boys had one with a rather large engine, Bruce liked pink and Prince preferred red. A midsize luxury four-door sedan, a two-door coupe, a sleek convertible, a snazzy sports car, a station wagon, a hatchback, the sports utility vehicle, the crossover, a full-size van or a minivan, a pickup truck, there are so many choices, making me wonder which one is right for me. I don’t really care all that much about what color it is, but the size, price, fuel efficiency, performance, reliability, safety, comfort, luxury and style are all important factors. Maybe I should consider a jeep, or a military vehicle, or a dragster, or a hotrod, possibly a stretch limousine. I don’t want anything that runs on diesel, but I would consider getting a hybrid, or just go all in and get one of those electric cars. Now I have to chose between a brand new car, or certified pre owned one where they show me the Car Fax.
Last week we had Heartbreaker, with the theme being breakup songs which was suggested by Janis of themomshiediaries. Our theme this week is Automobile, Car, Jalopy, Vehicle suggested by Melanie B Cee of Sparks From A Combustible Mind. I am certain that everyone will all be able to find songs ending a relationship or dumping a lover. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Once in a Lifetime’ by the Talking Heads today. Next week, I will be writing about the John Hiatt song ‘Thing Called Love’ covered by Bonnie Raitt. The upcoming prompts will be:
August 1, 2021 – Alluring, Beautiful, Charming, Graceful, Seductive
August 8, 2021 – Fate, Fortune, Luck
August 15, 2021 – Danger, Fear, Horror, Nightmare, Terror
August 22, 2021 – Sports songs