60 votes were needed, but the Republicans let everyone down with their vote against investigating the Capitol riot, as the bill failed to advance by 54 to 35. Mitch McConnell doubled down by asking all Republicans to do him a personal favor, but Trump was standing behind Mitch pulling his strings every step of the way. They all want to go out of their way to protect Trump and if that means that they have to ignore what the people want, who they should be representing, it is no skin off of their backs. The big lie perpetuated by Trump has taken over the soul off the Republican party and no matter what State, County, City, or Town that you live in in this Country, it is easy to see the Blue – Red divide.
We have had some unusual prompts lately with Elevator Music and then last week we had Improving Comprehension, which was really different requiring you to compare two songs. This week we are back to something more normal, with the theme being City, Country, County, State, Town. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Private Idaho’ by the B-52’s today. Next week, I will be writing about the Sonny Boy Williamson song ‘Don’t Start Me To Talking’. The upcoming prompts will be:
June 6, 2021 – Old, New, Borrowed, Blue
June 13, 2021 – Greet, Hey, Howdy
June 20, 2021 – Brutal, Cruel, Frenzy, Savage, Violent suggested by Melanie B Cee of sparksfromacombustiblemind
June 27, 2021 – Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Snack, Supper suggested by Paula Light of Light Motifs II