I should probably wear makeup, but it is possible that wouldn’t even help me, as most likely I need a complete make over to fix my look. I am talking about just using a bit of concealer to cover facial blemishes and those dark circles under my eyes, not a foundation, guy-liner, mascara, lip gloss, or eye lash extensions. I should get my hair cut and I would also like to go to the salon to get my toenails clipped. It is not like I go anywhere, so I can still get by while the pandemic is keeping all of us socially distanced. I have a toenail clipper, but it is not an easy job and therefor I keep on neglecting it. I can bend, although not like when I was young and the other day at the grocery store, a receipt fell out of my pocket and fell on the floor and I said, “I see it” and I reached down and grabbed it. There was a guy behind me and I teased him saying, “I bet you didn’t think I could get it”, and he teased me back saying, “Not only did you get it, but you did it so quickly that I got a nice breeze from standing nearby”, which made me laugh. I think I caught some of that Havana syndrome, as I was out of sorts the other day, but I have completely recovered since then, so don’t worry about me. Fix and Make are similar, but fix means to put something back together, while make means to create something.
I wrote a post last Monday titled “Why Do We Have Rules?” as a way of dealing with my frustration and in the end, I decided that I will be changing the rule for specifically meeting the prompt word to being where you just need to conform to a general theme. This way you can analyze the prompt words and interpret them however you like and I hope this will make life easier for everyone. I am only the current host of Song Lyric Sunday, and it belongs to all the participants, so let’s keep having fun.
Last week we had Peace Out, and everyone was asked to choose a song about departing by finding something that contained Arrivederci, Bon-voyage, Ciao, Farewell, Goodbye, Hasta la vista, Sayonara or Shalom in the title or the lyrics. This week we have Fix or Make songs. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the revised “rules”:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Van Morrison song ‘In the Afternoon’ today. Next week, I will be writing about the song ‘Heaven Is A Place On Earth’ by Belinda Carlisle. The upcoming prompts will be:
May 9, 2021 – Heaven/Hell suggested by Amy, aisasami
May 16, 2021 – Elevator music suggested by Maggie, Cave Walls
May 23, 2021 – Comparisons where you take two songs and discuss an association between them
These songs may sound the same to you, or the same artist may be playing on both of these songs, or the lyrics could be discussing the same topic, this is entirely up to you to decide.
May 30, 2021 – City/Country/County/State/Town suggested by Lisa Coleman