No this is not about black holes, as it is Song Lyric Sunday and this week we are going for vert short titles. Did you know that that the probability of a hit song having a one-word title is two and a half times greater now than it was in the 1960’s and the average number of words per song title has also substantially declined? I did not create this prompt so I could write about the Grateful Dead song Truckin’, as I have already written about that one. I just thought this might be fun and challenging for everyone and I am hoping to get to listen to a variety of music today, so let’s all keep it short and sweet this week. I think that there a lot of songs with a girl’s name that would fit into this one-word title theme but next week’s prompt is songs that have a girls’ name, so make sure that you save something for that.
Last week we had Cherry Blossom Festival, and everyone was supposed to choose a song that contained one these the time related prompts Blossoms/Cherry/Flowers in either the title or the lyrics. This week the single word song title prompt, and the song that you choose must contain only one word in the title. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it contains the prompt words or not. If it does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about The Lovin’ Spoonful song ‘Daydream’ today. Next week, I will be writing about the song ‘Sorry Suzanne’ by the Hollies. The upcoming prompts will be:
April 18, 2021 – Songs that have a girls’ name in it which starts with an S suggested by Christine Bolton, Poetry for Healing, think about Sloan, Saffron, Samara, Sandra, Sally, Shoshana, Sybil, Selma, Sherry, Sherly, Shana, Sharona, Shinead, or anything else that fits
April 25, 2021 – Arrivederci/Bon-voyage/Ciao/Farewell/Goodbye/Hasta la vista/Sayonara/Shalom
May 2, 2021 – Fix/Make suggested by Amy, aisasami
May 9, 2021 – Heaven/Hell suggested by Amy, aisasami