The human mind must surely be nature’s most astonishing creation. Different thoughts are constantly racing through our minds, jumping around to and from different memories. They could be connected or linked to each other, or they may be random and have nothing to do with each other. Your brain is an organ that learns, designed by evolution to be changed by our experiences, but your mind is the set of faculties including cognitive aspects such as consciousness, imagination, perception, thinking, intelligence, judgement, language and memory, as well as noncognitive aspects such as emotion and instinct. Each one of us has the power to use our mind to change our brain to change our mind. The mind generates thoughts, awareness of consciousness, feelings, will-power, and reminiscence resided in the brain, so it has the ability to understand. The brain is used to remember past events, which can then be synchronized to communicate information or predict the future consequences of our actions, while the mind is utilized to think. Consequently, there is a connection between the mind and brain that enables us to choose before we make decisions.
Last week we had More Colors, and everyone was supposed to choose a song that contained a color in either the title or the lyrics. This week we have the prompts of Brain/Mind/Think and the song that you choose must contain one of these prompt words in either the title or the lyrics. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it contains the prompt words or not. If it does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about The Beatles song ‘Tomorrow Never Knows’ today. Next week, I will be writing about the song ‘Blue Jay Way’ by The Beatles. The upcoming prompts will be:
February 21, 2021 – Long/Short/Small/Tall
February 28, 2021 – Breeze/Cloud/Sky/Wind
March 7, 2021 – Cappuccino/Coffee/Expresso/Latte/Mocha
March 14, 2021 – Anguish/Misery/Torment