Something can look odd, even when it is normal. The neighbors are very odd looking, they seem strange and most of the time they act unusual. “Even if” is used when something is rarely done or it is just imagined. “Even so” follows a fact and it means however or in spite of that. “Even though” is used when something is always done or a fact is mentioned. “Even when” is used when something is occasionally done. “Getting even” would be getting back at someone who wronged you and you do something to settle the score, or when pertaining to gambling, it is about getting back the money that you lost.
Last week we had Just Another Day, with the prompt Chat/Laugh/Rant/Scream/Talk. This week we have Even/Odd and the song that you choose must contain one of these prompt words in either the title or the lyrics. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it contains the prompt words or not. If it does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Grateful Dead song ‘The Golden Road (To Unlimited Devotion)’ today. Next week, I will be writing about the song ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine’ by Guns N’ Roses. The upcoming prompts will be:
February 7, 2021 – Colors
February 14, 2021 – Brain/Mind/Think
February 21, 2021 – Long/Short/Small/Tall
February 28, 2021 – Breeze/Cloud/Sky/Wind