I guess that I could have included call, cry, roar, scream, shout or yell, as prompt words here also, but I felt that I gave everyone enough choice and maybe I will save them for another day. Do you prefer to say, “Ha, ha” instead of “LOL”, when indicating a laugh? I always enjoy reading Paula’s Monday Peeve, because it is usually a great rant. Early Beatles fans were known for their scream, and maybe Yoko was trying to outdo them when she wanted John to be her man. Have you ever been in a group chat room with a bunch of strangers and you don’t have any idea why you are there or what you want to talk about? This post is dedicated to the well-known Talk Show host Larry King, who just passed away.
Last week we had Disk Jockey, the last of the two-letter prompt thing that was going on and the prompt was to feature a song whose title started with either the letter D or J. This week we have the prompt Chat/Laugh/Rant/Scream/Talk and the song that you choose must contain one of these prompt words in either the title or the lyrics. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it contains the prompt words or not. If it does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Coasters song ‘Yakety Yak’ today. Next week, I will be writing about the song ‘The Golden Road (To Unlimited Devotion)’ by the Grateful Dead. The upcoming prompts will be:
January 31, 2021 – Even/Odd
February 7, 2021 – Colors
February 14, 2021 – Brain/Mind/Think
February 21, 2021 – Long/Short/Small/Tall