Sometimes you need a delay, before you can proceed to the next step, so you might want to pause a moment, which would be a temporary stop, or rest while you wait for things to catch up. You may be directed to stop at a red light or be told not to continue, or told not to pass Go and not to collect your $200, which you feel like you are entitled to. You might be asked to hold on, or to wait a minute or two. Nobody enjoys waiting, especially in these days of “I want it and I want it now”, because our society is now based on instant gratification, but those who are not willing to wait, may be missing out on some stuff. I read that Americans will waste a collective 900 million hours waiting on hold over the course of their life. It is a good thing that Google has announced an update to its Phone app, dubbed “Hold for Me”, that will allow Google Assistant to wait on hold and alert users when a human is on the line.
Last week we had No Rules, which may have been the weirdest prompt that we ever had here on Song Lyric Sunday, as it actually wasn’t a prompt at all, it was a User Choice. This week we are going back to the much more normal prompt of Hold/Pause/Stop/Wait. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it contains the prompt words or not. If it does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Easy Wind’ by the Grateful Dead. Next week I will be writing about the Elizabeth Cotten song ‘Oh Babe It Ain’t No Lie’. The upcoming prompts will be:
October 18, 2020 – No/Yes
October 25, 2020 – Ghost/Pumpkin/Trick/Treat/Witch
November 1, 2020 – Smart/Stupid
November 8, 2020 – Days of the Week