Noise is unwanted sound judged to be unpleasant, loud or disruptive to hearing. From a physics standpoint, noise is indistinguishable from sound, as both are vibrations through a medium, such as air or water. The difference arises when the brain receives and perceives a sound. Noise lacks an agreeable musical quality, or it is something that is noticeably unpleasant, usually unwanted, or just plain too loud. Silence is a rare commodity these days. Hearing is the physical activity of sound falling on the ears and the biological processes involved in its perception. Listening is the ability to pay attention to what the sounds means and understand it. We hear noise, but we listen to music. That is because noise falls on our ears without any effort at our end. When the background noise level increases, a person usually has to talk or speak louder. Speaking is a more formal way of talking. You would talk with a friend, while a teacher would speak with their students. Talking is bi-directional and it is done in a conversation, while speaking is done to relay information.
Last week we had Rheumatoid Arthritis using Ankles/Hands/Feet/Fingers/Toes/Wrists, and I think that prompt was a lot of fun for everyone. This week we have Listen/Hear/Talk/Speak and I hope we will all be able to find a song that uses one of these prompt words and I want everyone to try and have fun while you are doing this. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, as you will probably find many enjoyable songs. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Show the lyrics, but most important, make sure that you have fun. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Grateful Dead song ‘Franklin’s Tower’ this week. Next week I will be writing about the song ‘Born Cross-Eyed’ also by the Grateful Dead. The upcoming prompts will be:
March 8, 2020 – North/South/East/West
March 15, 2020 – Give/Get/Take/Receive/Send
March 22, 2020 – Promise/Vow/Oath
March 29, 2020 – Touch/Feel