Symmetry and proper proportion are the essentials for having a beautiful face. Nobody wants to have one eye that is slightly larger than the other, or ears that are so enormously large that people can’t help but stare at them. Leonardo Da Vinci and Botticelli both strove to achieve the Golden Ratio of 1: 1.618 in their works of art. Certain features are thought to be more beautiful than others, such as high cheekbones, petite nose, good skin and full lips, but I always feel that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It is best to have two eyes and two ears, one mouth, nose and chin, but some people develop a double chin on their face.
This week the Song Lyric Sunday prompt is face related, and I think that there are plenty of options with Chin/Ears/Eyes/Face/Mouth/Nose. Let’s have some more fun with this challenge today, try to stretch the boundaries of your mind, and let everyone know why you chose this song, or why it interested you. Take some time and read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge. Many of the regulars are very creative. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Show the lyrics, but most important, make sure that you have fun. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Jethro Tull song ‘Aqualung’ this week. Next week I will be writing about the song ‘She Belongs to Me’ by Bob Dylan. The upcoming prompts will be:
December 8, 2019 – Arms/Elbows/Knees/Legs
December 15, 2019 – Baby
December 22, 2019 – Christmas/Holiday/Snowman
December 29, 2019 – Crazy