The Fred Factor has nothing to do with Fred Flintstone, it is a powerful, poignant parable of success. It’s about going the extra mile and always doing more than is expected. Communication should always take place up and down the chain of command, as well as sideways to get the information around the grapevine. This week the prompt is Around/Down/Sideways/Up. I am happy that I got all the glitches and bugs worked out of my blog, because now I can watch more football. Remember that Daylight saving time ends at 2:00 AM, at least here in Florida, so we all get an hour of extra sleep, but you probably waste a lot of that time changing all of your clocks.
This challenge is always a lot of fun for me, because I enjoy seeing all the different songs that everyone contributes. Song Lyric Sunday is mostly about having fun and sharing your music with others and being able to listen to the music that others come up with. Not everyone on WordPress is a writer, but I feel that SLS should be more than just posting a video, so do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. This could be something as simple as what year the song was written, who wrote it, or did it make the charts? Post a video, show the lyrics, but most important, make sure that you have fun. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I planned on writing about the Grateful Dead song ‘Been All Around This World’ this week, but as I was researching it, I realized that I already wrote a post on this song, so I am switching to another one and I hope this does not upset the apple cart. I will write about the song ‘Over Under Sideways Down’ by the Yardbirds this week. Next week I will be writing about the song ‘Who Do You Love’ by Bo Diddley. The upcoming prompts will be:
November 10, 2019 – Could/Might/Should/Would
November 17, 2019 – Did/Didn’t/Do/Don’t/Does/Doesn’t
November 24, 2019 – Bounty/Desert/Eat/Feast/Food/Hungry/Turkey
December 1, 2019 – Chin/Ears/Eyes/Face/Mouth/Nose