It is User Choice again here on Song Lyric Sunday and this gives you the option to choose whatever you like. We had this before on October 4, 2020, so it has actually been two years and I thought I would bring it back again, because it brings so much variety (not because I am getting lazy). I was thinking that maybe it would be a good idea to make this an annual start of October prompt, please let me know your thoughts on that. So go your own way, or do your own thing, as this is supposed to be all about having fun today.
Last week we had A Tragic Coincidence where the theme was to find songs from artists that died at the age of 27. This week the theme is User Choice, so you can select any song that you like. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or you can pull it into your post, so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
This week I will be writing about the Carole King song ‘You’ve Got a Friend’, and next week, I will be writing about the song ‘Love Her Madly’ by The Doors. The upcoming prompts will be:
October 16, 2022 – A song by a band that you wish were still together
October 23, 2022 – A song that reminds you of yourself
October 30, 2022 – Embrace, Hug, Kiss
November 6, 2022 – Songs from artists who have famous musician parents, suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II