Shame is a human emotion that contains embarrassment, guilt, regret and remorse. Shame is generally a feeling about how you view yourself, whereas guilt is feeling about what you have done to another. A person that has been caught in the act of doing something that is deemed to be wrong (like a boy caught masturbating) would probably feel shame. Shame is seen as the result of someone not behaving in accordance with public norms and standards, or it can be derived from being embarrassed because you were exposed. Adam and Eve were not ashamed walking around naked in the Garden of Eden, until they committed a sin, which opened their eyes and they felt like they needed to sew some fig leaves together to cover themselves. Eve grabbed some fig leaves and she said, “Wow, that was some special fruit, as I am seeing things in ways that I have never noticed before. You should show some decency Adam and not be so immodest flaunting your body, as the animals can see you.” Adam replied, “So what is the big deal, as all of the animals are also naked and I have been naked my whole life, since the day I was created.” Eve replied, “You can tempt fate if you like, but that slimy snake might bite someplace that is not covered up. Maybe we could ask God to make us some clothing from animal skins, as I don’t think these fig leaves are going to hold up for very long.”
Last week we had Representation where the theme was songs that mention Appearance, Image, Likeness, Object, Picture, Photograph. This week the theme is songs that mention Disgust, Embarrassment, Guilt, Regret, Remorse, Shame suggested by Melanie aka Sparky. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Think of these as being suggestions instead of being rules:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or you can pull it into your post, so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
This week I will be writing about the Shirley And Company song ‘Shame, Shame, Shame’, and next week, I will be writing about the song ‘See Me, Feel Me’ by The Who. The upcoming prompts will be:
June 12, 2022 – Excitement, Pleasure, Sentiment, Spirit suggested by Melanie B Cee aka Sparky
June 19, 2022 – Amaze, Astonish, Curious, Shock, Surprise, Wonder suggested by Melanie B Cee aka Sparky
June 26, 2022 – Hidden Gems: great songs that missed the top of the charts suggested by Amy aka E.M.
July 3, 2022 – One Hit Wonders where an artist or a group had a song that reached the top without any follow-up success suggested by Amy aka E.M.