The appearance of an objects can change by altering the space around it. My computer monitor is experiencing a distorted image on the graphic display, misrepresenting the data sent to it, producing a likeness which I have never seen before. A picture could be a photograph, but it could also be a painting or a computer-generated artwork. You could portray something by painting or drawing the likeness of it, but to depict it, all you would have to do is render a representation of it, using words, sounds, images, or by some other means. Painting is a two-dimensional means of symbolizing things, that can create an illusion, or a resemblance, which then becomes a representation of our reality.
Last week we had Where To Invest where the theme was songs that mention Money, Gold, Silver, Rich suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II. This week the theme is songs that mention Appearance, Image, Likeness, Object, Picture, Photograph. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Think of these as being suggestions instead of being rules:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or you can pull it into your post, so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
This week I will be writing about the Bread song ‘IF’, and next week, I will be writing about the song ‘Shame, Shame, Shame’ by Shirley And Company. The upcoming prompts will be:
June 5, 2022 – Disgust, Embarrassment, Guilt, Regret, Remorse, Shame suggested by Melanie B Cee aka Sparky of Sparks From A Combustible Mind
June 12, 2022 – Excitement, Pleasure, Sentiment, Spirit suggested by Melanie B Cee aka Sparky of Sparks From A Combustible Mind
June 19, 2022 – Amaze, Astonish, Curious, Shock, Surprise, Wonder suggested by Melanie B Cee aka Sparky of Sparks From A Combustible Mind
June 26, 2022 – Hidden Gems: great songs that missed the top of the charts suggested by Amy aka E.M.