You get invited to a party or an event that doesn’t specify the level of formality, and to your embarrassment, you are the only one who arrived underdressed. Casual is your style, but when you see that everyone else put more effort into their attire than you did, you feel like a total slob. You don’t have many options now, as you can’t just leave and get changed into something else. You should have worn your suit, even though you don’t feel all that comfortable in it. At least you put on pants and didn’t wear your shorts. Your wife had enough sense to wear a nice dress and you just noticed that you have a stain on your shirt. Note to self, make an effort to never show up underdressed again.
Last week we had Like a Dog with Two Tails where the theme was songs that mention Anxiety, Delight, Emotions, Pain, Pride, Relief suggested by Di of pensitivity101. This week the theme is songs that mention Suit, Pants, Dress, Shirt suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Think of these as being suggestions instead of being rules:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or you can pull it into your post, so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
This week I will be writing about the song ‘Liberty’ by Robert Hunter, and next week, I will be writing about the Traditional song ‘Deep Elem Blues’. The upcoming prompts will be:
May 8, 2022 – Socks, Shoes, Boots, Feet suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II
May 15, 2022 – Head, Hat, Hair, Scarf suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II
May 22, 2022 – Money, Gold, Silver, Rich suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II
May 29, 2022 – Appearance, Image, Likeness, Object, Picture, Photograph