People are born with 8 primary emotions, which are wired into our brains, causing us to react in certain ways and have certain urges when these emotions arise. Anxiety is grouped in with fear, along with apprehension, nervousness, dread, fright, and panic. Delight, pride, and relief are all grouped in with joy and this category also includes enjoyment, happiness, bliss, thrill, and ecstasy. Pain is not considered to be an emotion, as it is thought of as being an emotional response. Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear, and Disgust are the main characters of the 2015 Disney/Pixar animated feature film, Inside Out, that the main character Riley has to struggle with. Mixed emotions are defined as experiences that are usually opposite pf each other, like feeling happy and sad, or having something that is good mixed in with something that is bad. A mixed emotion would make you pleased and not pleased at the same time, or excited, but at the same time, you are sad.
Last week we had Just Keep Swimming where the theme was to find songs t that that Beach, Surf, Swimming suggested by Amy Braun. This week the theme is songs that mention Anxiety, Delight, Emotions, Pain, Pride, Relief suggested by Di of pensitivity101. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Think of these as being suggestions instead of being rules:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or you can pull it into your post, so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
This week I will be writing about the song ‘Night Time’ by Brian Wilson, and next week, I will be writing about the Robert Hunter song ‘Liberty’. The upcoming prompts will be:
May 1, 2022 – Suit, Pants, Dress, Shirt suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II
May 8, 2022 – Socks, Shoes, Boots, Feet suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II
May 15, 2022 – Head, Hat, Hair, Scarf suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II
May 22, 2022 – Money, Gold, Silver, Rich suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II