There are around 2000 types of fruits around the world, with tomatoes, bananas, watermelons and apples being the most popular. Botanically, fruits contain seeds and come from the flower of a plant, while the rest of the plant is considered a vegetable. In cooking, fruits are considered to be sweet while vegetables are considered to be more savory than fruits. The term vegetable is given to every edible plant part and some vegetables have seeds while others don’t, like carrots and potatoes, which are both classified as root vegetable crops. Technically only true fruits can have seeds, although vegetables like celery, spinach, and all other leafy veggies can’t have the seed on the parts of it that we eat. I tried to Google “are celery and spinach fruits or vegetables”, and all I got was a runaround, so you can try to figure that out for yourselves, if you have more patients than I do.
Last week we had Punishments From God where the theme was to find songs that feature lyrics of Death, Destruction, Pestilence, and Famine. This week the theme is songs that mention any fruit. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Think of these as being suggestions instead of being rules:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or you can pull it into your post, so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
This week I will be writing about the song ‘Cherry Pie’ by Warrant, and next week, I will be writing the Todd Rundgren song ‘Bang The Drum All Day’. The upcoming prompts will be:
March 13, 2022 – Songs that mention a musical instrument
March 20, 2022 – Songs that mention rain
March 27, 2022 – Mind, Think, Brain suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II
April 3, 2022 – Clive Davis day, write about any song that he produced