Space is an almost perfect vacuum, nearly void of matter and with extremely low pressure. The majority of space is relatively empty, with just stray bits of dust and gas floating around. Earthlings have been gazing at the heavens for centuries and wondering about life among the stars, thinking that someday we find those little green men. The search for signs of life on other planets could take decades, unless we get lucky. The Milky Way galaxy holds trillions of planets and given the sheer number of worlds out there, it is hard to think that we are the only sentient beings. However, Earth could be totally unique among the rest of the planets.
Last week we had Lights, Camera, Music where the theme was to find songs featured in films that made the charts. This week the theme is songs that feature lyrics about Space, Planets, or Aliens suggested by Di of pensitivity101. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Think of these as being suggestions instead of being rules:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or you can pull it into your post, so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
This week I will be writing about the song ‘Lucky Star’ by Madonna, and next week, I will be writing the Nehemiah “Skip” James song ‘I’m So Glad’. The upcoming prompts will be:
February 13, 2022 – songs that feature the contractions of Can’t, Don’t, Shouldn’t, Won’t
February 20, 2022 – Automated, Mechanical, Modern, Robotic suggested by Melanie B Cee of Sparks From A Combustible Mind (Warning, this may be difficult)
February 27, 2022 – Death, Destruction, Pestilence, Famine
March 6, 2022 – Songs that mention a Fruit