Mairzy dotes and dozy dotes, Mary had a little lamb that she named trouble, because anywhere she went concern, fear, fret, and worry always followed, as her lamb was always getting into some type of mischief. The lamb was not evil, or malicious, it just had a knack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Many people felt that the lamb was bad luck, because something bad would always happen when it was a round. The other sheep liked the little lamb, because it had a flock mentality which it used to protect them from predators. It did not consider itself to be a prey animal, and whenever it felt threatened, adrenaline would kick in and instead of running away from wolves, it would charge straight at them. This confused the wolves, especially when the little lamb who had had high apple pie, in the sky hopes charged at them with a head-butt, causing them to run away so they wouldn’t get trampled.
Last week we had A Really Big Shoe where the theme was songs that feature lyrics of Entertainment, Circus, Show suggested by Melanie B Cee of Sparks From A Combustible Mind. This week the theme is songs that feature lyrics of Concern, Fear, Fret, Worry suggested by Fandango of This, That and the Other. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Think of these as being suggestions instead of being rules:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
This week I will be writing about the song ‘Estimated Prophet’ by the Grateful Dead, and next week, I will be writing about the Bob Dylan song ‘Knocking On Heaven’s Door’. The upcoming prompts will be:
January 16, 2022 – Bomb, Gun, Knife, Weapon
January 23, 2022 – Tribute songs written in memory of someone
January 30, 2022 – Songs featured in films that made the charts
February 6, 2022 – Space, Planets, Aliens suggested by Di of pensitivity101