A state-of-the-art high-tech computer is expected to last anywhere from three to five years before it goes out of date. State of the art, which is also called cutting edge refers to the highest level of general development, concerning a device, technique, or scientific field that is able to be achieved at a particular time. Electronic communication started off with the telegraph using Morse code and soon afterward, came the wired telephone, the TV & the wireless radio. Surprisingly pagers are still alive today and they are embraced by the same groups who used the very first versions, people that work in public safety and healthcare professionals. Fax machines were once at the forefront of communication technologies and they are also still around. Black-and-white TVs have just about faded from view, but these sets are still in use in some prisons. Premium-priced Android phones are about as good as the iPhone, but cheaper Androids are more prone to problems. People like iPhones because they can FaceTime but they can have hardware issues, too. Some appreciate Apple for its greater simplicity and higher quality, but others say Android is far superior at organizing apps, letting you put important stuff on the home screens and hide less useful apps in the app drawer.
Last week we had More Gobbledygook where the theme was songs that include nonsense lyrics suggested by Amy Braun, ai love music aisasami. This week the theme is songs that feature lyrics associated with electronic communication devices (pagers, iPhone, Android, fax machine, computer, TV) suggested by Amy Braun, ai love music aisasami. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Computer Blue’ by Prince today. Next week, I will be writing about the Eurythmics song ‘Revenge’. The upcoming prompts will be:
December 26, 2021 – Anger, Frustration, Furious, Irritated, Mad, Provoked, Revenge suggested by Amy Braun, ☆ai love music☆ aisasami
January 2, 2022 – Entertainment, Circus, Show suggested by Melanie B Cee of Sparks From A Combustible Mind
January 9, 2022 – Concern, Fear, Fret, Worry suggested by Fandango of This, That and the Other
January 16, 2022 – Bomb, Gun, Knife, Weapon