Luck is an illusion, because if it is going to happen, then it will happen and I believe that people make their own luck. Luck is the belief that something will happen by chance, but fate says that the outcome is inevitable, because the gods have predetermined it, and that you have no control about what happens to you. I don’t believe that the gods are controlling what happens to me, mostly because I doubt that they have any power to shape the events in my life, which I see as a random series of meaningless events. Destiny is different from fate, because a person can fulfill their own destiny. A gypsy could look into a crystal ball and tell you what your fortune is going to be, which is a lot like how much luck you will have, but fortune is intertwined with serendipity, fate and destiny. Fortune has another meaning that is related to wealth or riches and I am very fortunate that I don’t go anywhere, which limits my exposure to catching the coronavirus.
Last week we had Seductive Words, with the theme words being Alluring, Beautiful, Charming, Graceful, Seductive. Our theme this week is Fate, Fortune, Luck and I this will give us some great music. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Games People Play’ by Joe South today. Next week, I will be writing about the Iggy and the Stooges song ‘Gimme Danger’. The upcoming prompts will be:
August 15, 2021 – Danger, Fear, Horror, Nightmare, Terror
August 22, 2021 – Sports songs
August 29, 2021 – Fraud, Hypocrite, Phony, Pretender, Snob suggested by Angie Trafford
September 5, 2021 – Carnival, Festival, Gala, Jamboree, Party suggested by Lady A