Human beings intentionally make their presence when they greet each other, and this is supposed to create positive experiences. People greet one another to encourage warmth among them, promote friendly feelings and reassure others that they have come in peace with good intentions. The word “Hey” is often used to attract someone’s attention, and it isn’t necessarily considered to be rude. Howdy is an informal greeting, originally a shortened form of the greeting, “Howdy do”, which is a contraction for, “How do you do” and this is another way of saying hello. Woody, the cowboy from Toy Story was known for saying this. If someone were to say, “howdy partner”, that should be interpreted as them saying, “what’s up friend”. In the north of England, a casual greeting might be “Hullo mate” and the use of the word “Hello” is thought to have come about as a telephone greeting because Thomas Edison expressed his surprise with a misheard “Hullo”. Alexander Graham Bell initially used Ahoy (as used on ships) as a telephone greeting.
Last week we had June Brides, with the theme being Old, New, Borrowed, Blue. This week we the theme of Greet, Hey, Howdy. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Hey Good Lookin’’ by the Hank Williams today. Next week, I will be writing about the Screamin’ Jay Hawkins song ‘Frenzy’. The upcoming prompts will be:
June 20, 2021 – Brutal, Cruel, Frenzy, Savage, Violent suggested by Melanie B Cee of sparksfromacombustiblemind
June 27, 2021 – Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Snack, Supper suggested by Paula Light of Light Motifs II
July 4, 2021 – American music which is a melting pot of styles woven together, incorporating elements of Barbershop, Bluegrass, Blues, Christian, Contemporary, Country, Doo Wop, Folk, Gospel, Jazz, Motown, Patriotic, Ragtime, Rock, R&B, Spiritual, and Soul music, but what I am really looking for is music by an American group, so Aerosmith, Beach Boys, Chuck Berry, Creedence, Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, Eagles, Journey, Prince, Simon & Garfunkel, Santana and many others would all work great.
July 11, 2021 – Bugs, Insects suggested by Amy Braun, ☆ai love music☆ aisasami