The mean ways would be to say this would be, “see ya sucker”, “later loser”, or “good riddance” when something is ending or over and this adds a sense of finality to it. Goodbyes are used to reflect change and they can mean that even though you will no longer be there, that you still want to maintain a connection. These parting words can be said for a myriad of reasons and this can be done in a variety of ways. I feel that goodbyes are mostly a way of showing affection to someone that you are close with and for this reason some goodbyes can be painful, but some people enjoy saying “toodles” to their poodles. It seems like modern communication likes things to be shorter and thus we got TTFN ta-ta for now and TTYL talk to you later and the ultimate in brevity with the waving emoji, but I can never tell if it is waving hello or goodbye to me. Namaste, live long and prosper, may the force be with you, keep it real, catch you on the rebound, see ya wouldn’t want to be ya.
Last week we had Desperately Seeking Susan, and everyone was asked to choose a song that contained a girl’s name which started with the letter “S” in the title or the lyrics. This week we have different ways of saying goodbye as the prompt, and the song that you chose must contain either Arrivederci, Bon-voyage, Ciao, Farewell, Goodbye, Hasta la vista, Sayonara or Shalom in the title or the lyrics. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it contains the prompt words or not. If it does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about The Guess Who song ‘Arrivederci Girl’ today. Next week, I will be writing about the song ‘In the Afternoon’ by Van Morrison. The upcoming prompts will be:
May 2, 2021 – Fix/Make suggested by Amy, aisasami
May 9, 2021 – Heaven/Hell suggested by Amy, aisasami
May 16, 2021 – Elevator music suggested by Maggie, Cave Walls
May 23, 2021 – Comparisons where you take two songs and discuss an association between them