Rosanna Arquette is looking for Madonna, but any girl whose name starts with an S will fit, as suggested by Christine Bolton, Poetry for Healing. You could go with Sabrina, Sadie, Saffron, Saige, Sally, Samantha, Samara, Sandra, Sara, Sarah, Sasha, Savannah, Sawyer, Scarlett, Selma, Serena, Serenity, Shana, Sharon, Sharona, Shelby, Shelia, Sheena, Sherry, Sherly, Shiloh, Shinead, Shoshana, Sienna, Simone, Skylar, Sloan, Stacey, Sonia, Sophia, Stella, Stephanie, Stevie, Summer, Susanna, Suri, Sutton, Sydney, Sylvia, Sybil, or anything else that works. It is believed that a child develops characteristics according to their name. A person whose name starts with the letter ‘S’ is considered to be a born leader and they tend to do well in life. They tend to be honest and trustworthy, warm, loving, compassionate and they are extremely charming both inside and out.
Last week we had The Singularity, and everyone was asked to choose a song that contained only one word in the title. This week we have a girl’s name that starts with the letter S as the prompt, and the song that you chose must contain a girl’s name in the title or the lyrics and that name must start with the letter S. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it contains the prompt words or not. If it does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Hollies song ‘Sorry Suzanne’ today. Next week, I will be writing about the song ‘Arrivederci Girl’ by The Guess Who. The upcoming prompts will be:
April 25, 2021 – Arrivederci/Bon-voyage/Ciao/Farewell/Goodbye/Hasta la vista/Sayonara/Shalom
May 2, 2021 – Fix/Make suggested by Amy, aisasami
May 9, 2021 – Heaven/Hell suggested by Amy, aisasami
May 16, 2021 – Elevator music suggested by Maggie, Cave Walls