Disembark here, and you can sit around and wonder what tomorrow will bring. Existing in a timeless state, an eternal afterlife or immortality, approaching omniscience, an enduring shelf life greater than that of a moon pie. After all the cockroaches are gone, the only thing left will be Keith Richards and he will be free to roam perpetually uninterrupted. If eternal is without beginning and without ending, does that make it forever? If infinity doesn’t exist and nothing can be everlasting or endless, then how does eternity fit into this and does Pascal’s Wager prove anything? More perplexing questions than answers, but when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Last week we had Stretch My Legs, and everyone was supposed to choose a song that contained one these the bouncy prompts Hop/Jump/Leap/Pounce/Spring in either the title or the lyrics. This week we have the time related prompts of Endless/Eternity/Everlasting/Forever/Infinity/Omega, and the song that you choose must contain one of these prompt words in either the title or the lyrics. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it contains the prompt words or not. If it does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Willie Dixon song ‘Eternity’ today. Next week, I will be writing about the song ‘Sugar Magnolia’ by the Grateful Dead. The upcoming prompts will be:
April 4, 2021 – Blossoms/Cherry/Flowers suggested by Amy, aisasami
April 11, 2021 – Songs with One Word Titles
April 18, 2021 – Songs that have a girls’ name in it which starts with an S suggested by Christine Bolton, Poetry for Healing, think about Sophia, Scarlett, Savannah, Susan, Stella, Samantha, Sarah, Sadie, or anything else that fits.
April 25, 2021 – Arrivederci/Bon-voyage/Ciao/Farewell/Goodbye/Hasta la vista/Sayonara/Shalom