When people jump, they lift their body off a surface where they are standing by flexing and extending their legs and feet muscles. A jump will cover a vertical distance and you can jump up and down without getting anywhere. A hop is thought of as being a short jump that would cover less distance and this is done by bouncing up off the surface. A leap is considered to be a longer jump. A spring tends to be a sudden jump which is usually done upwards and outwards. A pounce is usually associated with an animal that suddenly springs or swoops to catch its prey. Jumping, hopping, leaping, pouncing and springing all involve moving your entire body off the ground, while skipping can be accomplished with one foot dragging or touching the ground while the other is in the air.
Last week we had Excruciating, and everyone was supposed to choose a song that contained one these the suffering prompts of Anguish/Misery/Torment in either the title or the lyrics. This week we have bouncing related prompts of Hop/Jump/Leap/Pounce/Spring, and the song that you choose must contain one of these prompt words in either the title or the lyrics. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it contains the prompt words or not. If it does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Screamin’ Rebel Angels song ‘Pounce Like a Tiger’ today. Next week, I will be writing about the song ‘Eternity’ by Willie Dixon. The upcoming prompts will be:
March 28, 2021 – Endless/Eternity/Everlasting/Forever/Infinity/Omega
April 4, 2021 – Blossoms/Cherry/Flowers suggested by Amy, aisasami
April 11, 2021 – Songs with One Word Titles
April 18, 2021 – Songs that have a girls’ name in it which starts with an S suggested by Christine Bolton, Poetry for Healing