I drink alone, with nobody else, because I prefer to be by myself. My future is bleak and I can’t find my way home. I live with my own agony and I carry all my woe with me wherever I go. I do not cry, as I am a rock and I once lived in Staten Island. I lived and I lost and I learned and although I do have feelings, here I stand head in hand and everywhere people stare. I just reached the Misery level in the Steps of Torment, but I don’t see a way to get to the next level which is Cries of Anguish, so I doubt that I will ever reach the Throes of Sorrow. This makes me mad because I really wanted to be the King of Pain, but since it is pi day, I am going to indulge in some pie, that is after I finish setting all of my clocks ahead.
Last week we had Not a Frappe or Macchiato, and everyone was supposed to choose a song that contained one these the coffee-related prompts of Cappuccino/Coffee/Expresso/Latte/Mocha in either the title or the lyrics. This week we have coffee related prompts of Anguish/Misery/Torment, and the song that you choose must contain one of these prompt words in either the title or the lyrics. I hope that this prompt won’t be too painful for anyone, however I do remember somebody saying that there was a real good possibility that these prompt words might produce some Blues music. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it contains the prompt words or not. If it does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Herman’s Hermits song ‘Jezebel’ today. Next week, I will be writing about the song ‘Pounce Like a Tiger’ by Screamin’ Rebel Angels. The upcoming prompts will be:
March 21, 2021 – Hop/Jump/Leap/Pounce/Spring
March 28, 2021 – Endless/Eternity/Everlasting/Forever/Infinity/Omega
April 4, 2021 – Blossoms/Cherry/Flowers
April 11, 2021 – Songs with One Word Titles