Helen had this prompt back in July of 2017 before I ever heard of Song Lyric Sunday and it seems like such a nice prompt, that I am taking it out of retirement for this week. I made my first SLS post a month later, but Helen gave me a list of all her previous prompts. There are a lot of colors in the world and some of them you probably never heard of like, Sarcoline which is used for flesh, Coquelicot an orange-tinted red, Smaragdine an emerald green, Mikado a bold yellow, Glaucous a powdery coating on grapes and plums, Wenge a dark brown wood with copper undertones, Fulvous a brownish-yellow used for feathers, Xanadu a gray-green, Falu a deep red, Eburnean a white with a touch of yellow, and Amaranth a rose red.
Last week we had Divided Exactly By 2, with the prompt of Even/Odd. This week we have the prompt Colors and the song that you choose must contain a color in either the title or the lyrics. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it contains the prompt words or not. If it does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Guns N’ Roses song ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine’ today. Next week, I will be writing about the song ‘Tomorrow Never Knows’ by The Beatles. The upcoming prompts will be:
February 14, 2021 – Brain/Mind/Think
February 21, 2021 – Long/Short/Small/Tall
February 28, 2021 – Breeze/Cloud/Sky/Wind
March 7, 2021 – Cappuccino/Coffee/Expresso/Latte/Mocha