I love music and I enjoy sharing it with others and I would love to have a job where I could get paid for playing tunes and talking about them. Not just anyone can become a disk jockey, or a DJ as it is more commonly known, because these people need to have a wide taste in music, as you never know what is going to appeal to your audience on any particular day or evening. Just because you like a particular type of music, doesn’t mean that everyone who shows up for the party is going to enjoy what you play, so in order to be successful, you must become well rounded. Having a career as a DJ does not require a degree or, really any sort of formal education, but you probably have to purchase a lot of CDs and vinyl’s and you will also have to work a lot of nights and weekends.
Last week we had Mature Audience with prompt being to feature a song whose title must starts with the letter M or A. This week we have DJ as the prompt and you must feature a song whose title must start with the letter D or J. This two-letter prompt thing has been going really well and I hope that it continues this week. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it contains the prompt words or not. If it does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Bill Browning song ‘Dark Hollow’ today. Next week, I will be writing about the song ‘Yakety Yak’ written by Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller and performed by The Coasters. The upcoming prompts will be:
January 24, 2021 – Chat/Laugh/Rant/Scream/Talk
January 31, 2021 – Even/Odd
February 7, 2021 – Colors which Helen did back in 2017
February 14, 2021 – Brain/Mind/Think