Movies are sometimes deemed unsuitable for children under 17, but age is not always the best indicator of maturity. Maturity is considered the ability to respond to the environment while being aware of the correct time and location and behaving in a manner that shows that you know how and when to act to particular circumstances and situations in coherence with the norms that are practiced by the culture and the society that you live in, whereas age will only provide a representation of your chronological maturity. This leads us into the deep topic of determining what does it take for a person to become a grown-up or an adult. Are there patterns, markers, or indicators, or is this determined by the music that you enjoy, either way that is much too deep for Song Lyric Sunday as we have bigger fish to fry, so as Marvin Gaye said Let’s Get It On.
Last week we had Parental Guidance with prompt being to feature a song whose title must starts with the letter P or G. This week we have MA as the prompt and you must feature a song whose title must start with the letter M or A. This went really well last week and I am looking forward to seeing some more interesting songs this week as well. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it contains the prompt words or not. If it does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Grateful Dead song ‘Mission In The Rain’ today. Next week, I will be writing about the song ‘Dark Hollow’ by Bill Browning. The upcoming prompts will be:
January 17, 2021 – DJ (title of song must start with the letter D or J)
January 24, 2021 – Chat/Laugh/Rant/Scream/Talk
January 31, 2021 – Even/Odd
February 7, 2021 – Colors which Helen did this back in 2017