PG could also stand for Proctor & Gamble, Pacific Gas, or Professional Golf, but I was thinking about the movie rating. This is a suggested rating when some of the material is thought not to be fit for children, as it contains profane language, violence or brief nudity unlike the G rating where all ages are admitted. The Motion Picture Association (MPA), the studios’ organization that assigns ratings, provides a “smoking label” along with the regular rating for some movies that contain smoking, which certainly nobody wants their kids to be doing. If a kid sees somebody smoking in a movie, will that increase their desire to smoke?
Last week we had Aroma & Flavor with Odor/Scent/Smell/Taste prompts. This week we have PG where the title of the song that you chose must start with either the letter P or G. This prompt is a bit different and I am not sure how it will work out, but the next two weeks will have similar prompts. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it contains the prompt words or not. If it does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the traditional song ‘Peggy-O’ today. Next week, I will be writing about the song ‘Mission In The Rain’ by the Grateful Dead. The upcoming prompts will be:
January 10, 2021 – MA (title of song must start with the letter M or A)
January 17, 2021 – DJ (title of song must start with the letter D or J)
January 24, 2021 – Chat/Laugh/Rant/Scream/Talk
January 31, 2021 – Even/Odd