The grapes, the grapes are calling to be harvested, but maybe they are just sour grapes. Tutti Frutti Rudi was looking to get some booty. The strawberry was looking for a date, but he ended up going out with the banana. The apple got lonely after the banana split. The melons had a fancy wedding because they cantaloupe. I decided not to include my cherry joke, because it was pitiful and it would have bombed. I had a dream that I was swimming in an ocean of orange soda, but it turned out to be a Fanta sea! Olive oil is only considered to be extra virgin if it screams while being poured onto a Caesar salad. Orange and grape are fruits, but they are also colors, however only orange is included as one of the prompts.
Last week we had Herpetologist which included the prompts Alligator/Crocodile/Lizard/Snake/Turtle. This week we have the fruit prompts of Apple/Banana/Cherry/Olive/Orange/Strawberry. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it contains the prompt words or not. If it does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Phil Lesh song ‘Clementine’ today. Next week I will be writing about the song ‘Equinox’ by Grateful Dead. The upcoming prompts will be:
December 20, 2020 – Circle/Polygon/Square/Triangle
December 27, 2020 – Odor/Scent/Smell/Taste
January 3, 2021 – PG (title of song must start with the letter P or G)
January 10, 2021 – MA (title of song must start with the letter M or A)